BOOKAHOLICS OYE!!

BOOKAHOLICS OYE!!
Books-The REAL Temptation...

Search This Blog

Monday, March 29, 2010

Spud: The Madness Continues by John van de Ruit


SYNOPSIS:
The record-breaking, bestselling sequel to Spud!

It’s 1991, and John “Spud” Milton’s journey to manhood is still creeping along at a snail’s pace. Nearly fifteen, Spud’s starting his second year at boarding school and—to his utter mortification—he’s still a spud!

To make things worse, his dorm mates, the legendary Crazy Eight, have an unusual new member (Roger the cat), and his house is home to a new batch of unruly first years. Spud is soon plagued with women trouble, coerced into expulsion-worthy adventures, and frustrated to find his dreams of fame in tatters after landing the part of the Dove of Peace in a disastrous production of Noah’s Ark.

Join Spud as he takes another tentative step forward while all around him the madness continues. . . .


REVIEW:
It surprises me that I haven't seen this book around the blogosphere. It is the best book I have read so far! I love love love it!!
Spud: The Madness Continues is a sequel to van de Ruit's book Spud. I have been lucky enough to get my hands on this book,but unlucky that I couldn't manage a copy of its prequel. If you read and love the Adrian Mole books,I can guarantee you will love this book a lot more. Spud is an intelligent Adrian Mole. Spud's life in a South African hostel is crazy and hilarious!! Spud and his friends who make up The Crazy Eight is now in second year. They have left behind their year as the youngest and most tormented. They are now back to bully their juniors in madly innovative ways.
The book also has its fair share of 'mad' romance. Spud's theories and ideas regarding life in general,love,romance,girls made me laugh hoarse. I wont give away any more of the book. I have said it,but will say it again-I guarantee you a fun roller coaster ride with this genius of a novel. I highly recommend it. It improves the Adrian Mole premise and leaves you with wanting more. It is a perfect tear jerker-your eyes will water because of laughing. It is a perfect page turner. I had so much fun reading this book that I could not but help posting a review and professing it's 'greatness'. John van de Ruit is an absolutely brilliant writer. He is the best!

My warning: Your stomach will ache and eyes will water with laughter!

My Rating- 5/5(needless to say..) :)

2 comments:

  1. I've never heard of this one, but I can't wait to check it out. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Woooo I found a review. This sounds pretty good

    ReplyDelete