BOOKAHOLICS OYE!!

BOOKAHOLICS OYE!!
Books-The REAL Temptation...

Search This Blog

Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Review: CATCHING FIRE by Suzanne Collins


SYNOPSIS:
Against all odds, Katniss Everdeen has won the annual Hunger Games with fellow district tribute Peeta Mellark. But it was a victory won by defiance of the Capitol and their harsh rules. Katniss and Peeta should be happy. After all, they have just won for themselves and their families a life of safety and plenty. But there are rumors of rebellion among the subjects, and Katniss and Peeta, to their horror, are the faces of that rebellion. The Capitol is angry. The Capitol wants revenge.


REVIEW:
The highly anticipated sequel to The Hunger Games proves to be a lot more than promised! If you thought that you were done with totally knock-off twists with The Hunger Games,you couldn't be any any more wrong!
The second book of the series,Catching Fire is an even more amazing book! Katniss is sassier and more confused than ever between Gale and Peeta in this book! The districts are rising in a revolt against the Capitol and they claim Katniss to be the promoter and catalyst for it! Katniss however is totally unaware of the situation and the havoc she has caused. You might be thinking that the situations couldn't get more complicated than this...Wrong! This year being the seventy-fifth year of The Hunger Games,the games have become even more intense and rules more twisted! The tributes this year are chosen from the victors of the previous games so that the Capitol can prove that even the strongest of the denizens are weak infront of them! Katniss and Peeta are forced to enter the ring again. The games are the most brutal and situations way too complex this year! It's hell lot interesting to read what happens and how Katniss and Peeta survive the Capitol..The book ends with a rebellion in full force and the report of obliteration of District 12!!!
I loved loved loved this book! The change in the characters,liaisons,secrets,romance...fully loaded with ample twists and turns,I couldn't get enough of the book. I love the way Katniss describes each situation,each event. The situations are so realistic and so well described,I felt as if I was present there inside the arena with Katniss all along.. Unique and engrossing-a total page turner!
Suzanne Collins is an amazing writer. She surpasses herself with every new book! Can't wait for Mockingjay to see what will happen next..
Just how many times have I used comparative in this post?!

My Rating:10/5 :D

8 comments:

  1. 10 out of 5!! Wow! I loved this book as well. August 24 can't come fast enough!

    ReplyDelete
  2. wasn't this book AMAZING!!!! The Hunger Games trilogy are my all time favorite books, I love the concept and the romance and strong female character. I can't wait for august for MOCKINGJAY

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE this series. I'm obsessed! Great review and I'm glad you liked this book, too. Thanks for visiting my WoW!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree with Elana and Sarah...the wait till August 24 is going to be a long one!:(
    I love this series too Christina...as is obvious from my reviews!;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ahh, skimmed because I STILL haven't read Hunger Games yet!! And I'm probably the last one who hasn't, lol. Yay for an awesome rating though. :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am sure you will like the series Jenn! The books are awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I just both this and the first book the other day. I can't wait to get to them!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I loved this one too. I think The Hunger Games is probably my favourite series of all time. Roll on Mockingjay!

    ReplyDelete