BOOKAHOLICS OYE!!

BOOKAHOLICS OYE!!
Books-The REAL Temptation...

Search This Blog

Friday, March 19, 2010

Author Appreciation Week

I don't really know which author to post about. I mean,so many of them have been instrumental in molding my personality and my imagination. So I have decided to dedicate this post to all those lovely authors who have helped me through my hard times and were also a friend whom I could share my happy moments with. Special mention to all the chicklit,romance,YA authors around the globe! Some authors deserve individual space here because of their profound influence in my life-

~ENID BLYTON-She is a novelist of the superlative degree. She taught me to read and love books. I owe her big time!!
~J.K. ROWLING- She was my first brush with fantasy,she helped me imagine and she gave the world Harry Potter!!
~JANE AUSTEN-The first ever chicklit author (with a hint of contemporary societal flavor) for me! Her Pride And Prejudice is an all time favorite. Mr.Darcy...ahh..
~TRISHA ASHLEY-I picked up a copy of her Sowing Secrets at a bookstore and trust me,it was 'love at first read'!!
~JANE GREEN-For writing the wonderful novel Bookends which made me dream of owning my very own bookstore...
~JILL MANSELL and MARIAN KEYES-They are my best romantic novelists. It is always so good to indulge in their romantic worlds with me as the heroine!!
~SUZANNE COLLINS-I wasn't much into dystopian novels but she made me love love love the genre!!
~MEG CABOT-I found her a little late in life and how I regret it!! But I have been gorging on her books and gushing about her books ever since...
~SOPHIE KINSELLA-For introducing the quintessential romantic/chicklit protagonist Rebecca Bloomwood into my world.
~LOISE RENNISON-Firstly,for providing me with a whole new vocabulary! Secondly,her books have been my best friends during my most distressed times.She never ceases to provide me with a good laugh! :)
~ANGELA MORRISON-She is only two books old but has already 'stormed' her way into my list of favorite authors!!
~MAGGIE STIEFVATER and BECCA FITZPATRICK-They are my most favorite authors of the paranoramal genre till date. They made me love the genre and their engrossing tales like none other ever could..

I define my best days as ones when I get to curl up on my sofa with a bar of chocolate and a book by any of these authors with me. A big salute to all of you for making my life so much easier,passionate and cooler!

A very special mention: Bidisha Das-She is a budding YA author and a great friend. I am sure she will make it large in the writing world. Well she is the one who introduced me to the very awesome world of YA and I love her for that! :D

8 comments:

  1. I've seen this around, and completely missed it. What did I miss? *looks around shiftily*

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am sorry...I posted the title without the post!! I know I know...I am crazy!*smiles guiltily* Anyways,hope you enjoy it now! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great list! I love Maggie Stiefvater, and Jane Austen is one of my favorite author ever. And I suppose I'll have to try Angela Morrison's books soon, thanks! :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am sure you will like Angela Morrison's books. And though I absolutely love Maggie Stiefvater,I cant but not hold it against her for keeping Linger away from us for such a long time!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. OMG, I don't believe this! I belong with THESE authors?
    *dies and goes to heaven*

    THANK YOU!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I agree completely! They are all awesome authors! I don't know how you can pick just one eh? :) I grew up on Enid Blyton's books, as well as Meg Cabot's books (under her pseudonym Jenny Carroll), and I have since found the rest of the authors and love them too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I know..and there are so many more wonderful authors. Trust me Corrine,I had a very hard time picking just 10 or 11 names among so many favorites!

    ReplyDelete