BOOKAHOLICS OYE!!

BOOKAHOLICS OYE!!
Books-The REAL Temptation...

Search This Blog

Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Book Review:Top Ten Uses For An Unused Prom Dress by Tina Ferraro


Synopsis:
Nicolette Antonovich was dumped two days before the prom by the hottest guy at school. As a result, she became the proud owner of one unworn, perfectly magical pink vintage dress. Now older, wiser, and completely overwhelmed by a new set of problems, Nic realizes the dress might hold the answers.

Sophomore year, Nicolette Antonovich was dumped two days before prom by the hottest guy at school. As a result, she became the proud owner of one unworn, perfectly magical pink vintage dress. But Nic is determined to put that night behind her for good. She's a junior now-- older, wiser, and completely overwhelmed by a new set of problems: (1) The bank's ready to foreclose on her childhood home. (2) Her father's too busy with his " replacement" daughter to care. (3) Her best friend's brother is an eternal thorn in her side. (4) Her best friend isn't exactly the rose attached to that thorn. (5) Rumors are flying around school that could get her kicked off the volleyball team, which would (6) ruin all chances of a college scholarship. (7) She still likes the boy who dumped her in the first place. (8) And what in the world do you do with an unworn prom dress, anyway? Strangely, it's getting to the bottom of this last dilemma that just might hold the answer to all Nic's problems.


REVIEW:
The cover drew me in. Though I am not a big fan of pink,I am a fan of all cute ythings and this cover,I hope all will agree with me, is extremely sweet.
As you can see from the synopsis,this is another book with the teenage protagonist in a mess with her life! I don’t think there is anything new or much to talk about this book(the summary says it all). Though I must mention that it was a great read,it was nothing extraordinary or even extremely innovative and interesting for that matter. I love to be surprised but I could from the very first page guess the guy she was going to turn up with in the end! So nothing surprising there too,though I guess Tina Ferraro tried to misguide the readers by complicating things!
However,I must mention that the characters and their dilemmas and the situations were extremely realistic and relatable. One can easily connect to Nic and the others. They are normal teens with regular problems and that is something I liked-nothing blown out of proportions. That was a major plus point of the book for me. Also,Nic's character was nice-somewhat sassy,strong but all that 'sassiness' entwined with a whole lot of other emotions. I like round characters and that is what I got here. :)
All in all I liked the book,though not loved.. The novel was not out-and-out great but quite a page turner. Also,the happy ending helped,since I am a total sucker for one!!

My Rating:4/5

9 comments:

  1. Brilliant review! I'm not too fond of the cover, but it sounds really good :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really enjoyed this book as well, I actually have liked all of Tina Ferraro's novels. If you haven't already you should check out Janette Rallison, she writes in a similar style, with a little more romantic comedy. Great review!

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Kath Will check out Janette Rallison. I love romantic comedies. Thanks for the suggestion :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. That cover is too cute! And so is the title. Great review, I must check it out. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice review, thank you! Eh, I admit I'm not a big fan of the pink either, but this sounds like one of those predictable yet cute reads. And I second the notion for Janette Rallison! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. This sounds kind of fun, and I am a major fan of girlie pink covers. I'll keep this one in mind for a beach read this summer.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great review...I love relatable characters

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've always thought this looked fun!

    ReplyDelete