BOOKAHOLICS OYE!!

BOOKAHOLICS OYE!!
Books-The REAL Temptation...

Search This Blog

Monday, July 12, 2010

Interview: Tera Lynn Childs!!

Today I have with me the most awesome author of Oh. My. Gods. ,Goddess Boot Camp and the recent Forgive My Fins! Yeah you guessed it right! It's Tera Lynn Childs! I am so excited to have her on my blog!



Why did you choose to write about mermaids among so many other paranormal creatures?

I'm a water baby, and I've wanted to be a mermaid since I was a little girl. But I didn't specifically decide to write about mermaids. I didn't think, "Oh, I want to write about mermaids." I was sitting on a beach, wishing I could be a mermaid, when the premise for Forgive My Fins came to me.
Mermaids(Forgive My Fins) or Greek Mythology(Oh. My. Gods.)?Which was more interesting/challenging to write about?

Hmmm, I think mermaids are harder. For the Greek gods, it was just a matter of adding a little magic to ordinary humans, giving them some supernatural powers. For the mermaids, I had to not only imagine what would be weird/different for a mermaid living on land, but also think about what a mer kingdom would really be like. I had to create an entire world instead of just adapting the one I live in.
Why choose to name your protagonist of Forgive My Fins,Lily?

I wanted her name to have some sort of water significance, a little exotic while still being fairly human sounding. I named her Waterlily (partly because I love Monet's Water Lilies) because they are a water flower and she could go by Lily while on land.
What later plans do you have for Lily?

She's getting a sequel next summer called Fins Are Forever. The story starts just a few days after Forgive My Fins. And, as anyone who's read the epilogue knows, Lily's bratty cousin Dosinia plays a big part. After that? We'll have to wait and see.

Quickies:
If you were given a chance to indulge in a water sport,what would it be? Swimming
If you were to meet a handsome merboy,you would... Make sure he was nice and then kiss him before he could change his mind
Favorite color? Turquoise
Favorite quote- The difference between the almost right word and the right word is really a large matter--it's the difference between the lightning bug and the lightning. ~ Mark Twain
Favorite food- Avocado
Favorite animal- My dog Daisy

Finally,a word of advice for all aspiring authors please.

Read as much as you can, write as much as you can, become an observer of life, and finish the book!


-TLC

Oh. My. Gods. and Goddess Boot Camp (Greek gods are more than myth!)
Forgive My Fins (What happens when a mermaid kisses a human?)

No comments:

Post a Comment