BOOKAHOLICS OYE!!

BOOKAHOLICS OYE!!
Books-The REAL Temptation...

Search This Blog

Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Author Interview: DANIELLE JOSEPH!


Today I have with me the amazing author of Shrinking Violet and Indigo Blues-Danielle Joseph! Thank you so much for doing this interview!
Where and how did the plot of Indigo Blues strike you?
After listening to the song, Hey There Delilah by the Plain White T's countless amounts of time, I thought what it would be like to suddenly become famous because someone wrote a song about you. From there Adam and Indigo were born.

Since Indigo Blues so largely revolves around a band,which is your
favorite band/song?
I don't have a favorite but some of my favorite musicians and bands are: Bob Marley, Wyclef, Red Hot Chili Peppers and The Cure.

If Indigo Blues is made into a movie(congrats!),whom will you cast in the roles of Indigo and Adam?
That woul be awesome! Well, I just saw the Sorcerer's Apprentice yesteray and just loved Jay Baruchel and Teresa Palmer so I think I'd steal them!

How difficult was the path of publishing? How does it feel to see your name printed on book covers? How excited are you about the release of Indigo Blues?
Publishing is not for those that are easily discouraged. I enjoyed the journey but I definitely worked hard to get here! I am very happy to see my name on the covers of my books and I was super excited when Indigo Blues released!

Disclose a secret/your most embarrassing moment for us!
I just disclosed on another interview that I split my pants skateboaring once in high school. That was pretty embarrassing since there were a bunch of my guy friends with us.

Words of advice to budding authors.
Follow your heart. Write for yourself and never give up!

Tell us about Pure Red(so excited about it!).
Thanks! Pure Red is the story of the daughter of a locally famous Miami artist. She gives herself one summer to find her passion, overcome her mother's death and snag her dad's hot apprentice.
--
Danielle Joseph
Shrinking Violet, MTV/Pocket Books
Indigo Blues, Flux (July 1, 2010)
Pure Red, Flux (Fall 2011)

No comments:

Post a Comment