BOOKAHOLICS OYE!!

BOOKAHOLICS OYE!!
Books-The REAL Temptation...

Search This Blog

Thursday, February 10, 2011

REVIEW: The Sapphire Talisman by Brenda Pandos


SYNOPSIS: With the local vampire coven decimated, Julia and Nicholas try to begin a somewhat normal life together. Bound by secrecy from a shape shifter determined to see Julia’s world-saving prediction come to fruition, Julia isn’t allowed to tell Nicholas the leader survived, ransacking her happiness with guilt. When Alora returns, bent on revenge, the reunion forces Nicholas and Julia to choose what they are willing to live and die for.-From Goodreads

MY REVIEW: Just when I started thinking vampires and vampire novels are passe and that they stink,I read this wonderful novel by Brenda Pandos-The Emerald Talisman. And I just longed more for it. I wanted to know what happened next! So indeed I was extremely excited about The Sapphire Talisman,book 2 in the Talisman series.

And what can I say?The Sapphire Talisman not only lived up to my expectations but was better than the first book. Its rare for a sequel to equal its predecessor but this book had me hooked from the first page! This book turned out to be a real page turner. The story well thought out,replete with complexities,enough twists and turns to shock the reader but not turn them off by claiming the twists to be unfathomable! I am a sucker for unpredictability and no wonder I loved Brenda’s book!

The characters were well sketched. However I felt Julia’s character should have been portrayed as someone stronger than how she has been drawn. I mean in the previous book,I really thought she is one who ‘looks before leaping’,has brains and maturity that surpasses her age but in this book she came across to me as a regular teenager who goes all mushy and loses her mind when in love! Nicholas on the other hand,really surprised me. His decisions,his dilemma,his pain,his love for Julia,his helplessness,his thirst,came across very well and it was Nicholas,who I felt made the story really intriguing,the plot more interesting.

Books belonging to a trilogy generally have a horribly frustrating cliff-hanger endings! But I like books which give me a decisive,conclusive ending yet makes me crave for more and leaves room for thought. Inconclusive ending frustrates me! I got exactly ‘my kind of ending’ in this book and am really looking forward to the next and last installment of the series. Brenda Pandos excels in her current book and I cant wait to find out what happens next!

MY RATING: 5/5

No comments:

Post a Comment