BOOKAHOLICS OYE!!

BOOKAHOLICS OYE!!
Books-The REAL Temptation...

Search This Blog

Saturday, June 19, 2010

Tete-a-tete with Jackson Pearce

Today I have the lovely Jackson Pearce with me! She is the author of the fabulous As You wish and Sisters Red and is already such a big name in the literary world!


Did Sisters Red or As You Wish present any special obstacles?
AS YOU WISH was tough because I hadn't published a book yet, so I wasn't very confident in my writing and had no clue if I was doing anything right. I second guessed myself every step of the way. That said, SISTERS RED was tough because it was a more complex book, and I wasn't sure I was ready for that. Each book is different-- they all have their own obstacles!

Do you have a writing ritual?
To be honest, no-- since every book is different, every writing process is different. For SISTERS RED I wrote every spare moment-- five minutes here, ten there, and it added up to a whole book. For SWEETLY, I sat down and forced myself to work for long stretches. The only constant is usually diet coke, though I've had to start limiting myself on those...ritual or not, drinking fourteen cans of diet coke in a day can't be good!

If you could meet a potential male from the literary world,who would it be?
I'd love to meet Dumbledore, from Harry Potter. He's pretty much the coolest male in the literary world, as far as I'm concerned.

If not a writer,what profession would you have pursued?
I think I would have gone into editing or agenting, something along those lines. That said, I always knew I wanted to create or perform, so maybe I'd have ended up working in the arts in some capacity.

What can we expect from you next?
My next book is SWEETLY, a companion to SISTERS RED. Here's the blurb!

Twelve years ago, Gretchen, her twin sister, and her brother went looking for a witch in the forest. They found something. Maybe it was a witch, maybe a monster, they aren’t sure—they were running too fast to tell. Either way, Gretchen’s twin sister was never seen again.

Years later, after being thrown out of their house, Gretchen and Ansel find themselves in Live Oak, South Carolina, a place on the verge of becoming a ghost town. They move in with Sophia Kelly, a young and beautiful chocolatier owner who opens not only her home, but her heart to Gretchen and Ansel.

Yet the witch isn’t gone—it’s here, lurking in the forests of Live Oak, preying on Live Oak girls every year after Sophia Kelly’s infamous chocolate festival. But Gretchen is determined to stop running from witches in the forest, and start fighting back. Alongside Samuel Reynolds, a boy as quick with a gun as he is a sarcastic remark, Gretchen digs deeper into the mystery of not only what the witch is, but how it chooses its victims. Yet the further she investigates, the more she finds herself wondering who the real monster is, and if love can be as deadly as it is beautiful.


Jackson Pearce
www.jacksonpearce.com
SISTERS RED (Little, Brown)
AS YOU WISH (HarperCollins)

4 comments:

  1. Great interview. Sweetly sounds great too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw, great interview! The more I read about JP and read her interviews the more I like her and want her book hehe.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love author interviews. I love to hear what goes on in their heads and their routines and rituals. Yikes, 14 diet cokes? I can relate, and that is sad. LOL

    This story sounds really intriguing. I like the play of Hansel and Gretal in the beginning (or atleast that is where my mind went). Now I want to know what is up with this witch and how does she choose who is next.

    ReplyDelete