BOOKAHOLICS OYE!!

BOOKAHOLICS OYE!!
Books-The REAL Temptation...

Search This Blog

Monday, June 28, 2010

Review:So Many Boys by Suzanne Young


SYNOPSIS:Tessa goes from strawberry smoothie to suddenly single!

After her center-court split with Aiden, Tessa puts the SOS behind her. After all, cheaters never prosper! Now she’s busy working on her faux-relationship with Aiden and negotiating the unfamiliar waters of “technically single and pseudo-dating.”

Life can’t get any more dismal for a one-guy kind of girl until an imposter hijacks the SOS, and it’s up to Tessa to save her squad from slander. But with her best boy hot and cold, what’s a kitten to do?

Even worse, Tessa doesn’t realize how much she’s up against—because this copykitten is far more naughty than nice.


REVIEW:So Many Boys is the perfect sequel to The Naughty List. I really enjoyed the book. I have to say that I liked So Many Boys more than The Naughty List,though it was predictable…I mean I knew who set up the fake SOS even before I had read about 50 pages of the book.
However there is something that bothered me about the book,and that is the character of Tessa. She seemed sort of inconsistent to me. Though I did feel that she has matured in this book and I certainly like her,but she seriously lacks stability. And I fail to understand why a strong,intelligent girl like her is so hung up on her boyfriend! I am not trying to proclaim feministic ideals here but it just doesn’t seem right! And why hook up with a guy who is your ex-boyfriend?! It just seems wrong on so many levels. Well,I guess I just should not have read this book subjectively but should have looked at it from Tessa’s point of view. You cant think of a guy as your ex when you love him so much I guess.
However,all said and done,I must say that I had great fun reading this book. It is an interesting read which skillfully combines cheerleaders,spying,back-stabbing,love,friendship,animosity,betrayal and confused teenage emotions extremely well. Suzanne Young’s writing is fluid and I read the book in one sitting! She certainly is an excellent uthor.

My Rating:4.5/5

No comments:

Post a Comment